OWASP is soliciting training providers for the AppSec EU 2015 conference.
We are interested in all topics related to Web Application Security and OWASP, in particular, but not limited to:
- Secure development: frameworks, best practices, secure coding, methods, processes, SDLC
- Vulnerability analysis: code review, pentest, static analysis
- Threat modelling
- Mobile security
- Cloud security
- Browser security
- HTML5 security
- OWASP tools or projects in practice
- New technologies, paradigms, tools
- Privacy in web apps, Web services (REST, XML) and data storage
- Operations and software security
- Management topics in Application Security: Business Risks, Outsourcing/Offshoring, Awareness Programs, Project Management, Managing SDLC
Trainings should be of a practical nature, i.e. we will look favorably on a hands-on training. Also, please refrain from submitting marketing talks or having sales pitches in your training.
The following conditions apply for those that want to provide training at the OWASP AppSec this year. The training provider:
- should provide class syllabus / training materials.
- provider will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and all course materials for students.
- can brand training materials to increase their exposure
All trainers will be required to submit a Training Instructor Agreement.
OWASP will provide the venue, marketing, registration logistics, basic wireless internet access. If you need additional technical arrangements, it is important to let us know. Also we like to get your idea about the maximal numbers of participants which you like in your training. OWASP can apply cut offs too.
OWASP will reserve up to two training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost.
Please note that for data privacy reasons OWASP can’t provide trainers with contact information of the attendees.
Spoken and written language is English.
Your submission is subject to approval by a small core team of the program committee.
- Justin Clarke
- Jim Manico
- Dave Wichers
- Simon Bennetts
- Martin Knobloch
- Bart De Win
- Sebastien Deleersnyder
Deadline for proposals: 30 November, 2014CLOSED
Notification to training providers: by 19 January, 2015, late: ~ +1 week Posted on web site: by 26 January, 2015, late: ~ +1 week
- Training: 19-20 May, 2015
Contact: trainings2015 AT lists DOT appsec DOT eu
Split of Revenue
Price per attendee: 2-Day Class €1400 / 1-Day Class €750 (possibly minus discounts to promote the classes).
Earnings will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
To submit a proposal, please submit online (see below) an abstract of your intended training (500 to 1000 characters) and a brief biography (400 to 1000 characters, either included in the abstract or as an attached document) which also should outline your instructor experience.
Every proposal submitted is subject to a democratic vote by the program committee (PC) above. Keep in mind: The better your description the better our picture (do not count on “fail open”). Please watch out for any mistakes as after approval by the PC we take your abstract and publish it 1:1 in our program.
Visit this URL to submit your training proposal for the 19-20 May, 2015 training days in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- to enclose a signed copy of the Training Instructor Agreement
- to list any additional technical requirements if needed
- to propose your max number of participants.